Basic Computer Package Training in Nepal
- Computer Basic
- Windows System/Resources (Customizing Windows)
- Internet & Email system
- Various Google Tools
- Microsoft Office Word
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Office Access
- DOS Command
- Adobe Photoshop (Conceptual Graphics Application)
- Tally (Conceptual Accounting Software)
- Other Social Media Accounts and Uses
- Cyber Security Concept & Awareness
- Course Summary & Test
Unit 1: Computer Basic
1.1. Computer Fundamental
- Identify the basic parts of a desktop computer.
- Different types of computers
- Demonstrate how to turn a computer on/off. Computer reset feature
- Operating System and It's types
- Features of the Windows operating system (Icons, start button, start menu, task bar, notification area, desktop, My Computer, etc.)
- Mouse Basics and It's use (How to move, click, double click, right click, drag)
- Working with windows default programs
- Practice dragging and dropping, and learn other windows features, Minimize, maximize and close buttons, Menus – keyboard shortcuts shown on menus, Scroll bars, Resize and move windows, Tile windows and Cascade windows to show multiple windows.
- Keyboard Basic (The function of various keys on a keyboard. Enter, SHIFT, CTRL, ALT, Backspace, Delete, Function keys, Number pad, Arrow keys, Page up, Page down, Number lock, Insert, Home, ESC, Use Windows Notepad/WordPad to practice the keyboard functions cut, copy and paste).
- Basic Hardware and Networking
- Computer User and It's Lock/Password System
- Software Install / Uninstall
1.2. Parts of Computer and troubleshooting
- Identify the function of key parts in a computer system.
- System unit, keyboard, mouse/track pads, monitor, speakers, printer.
- Identify the function of the key components of the system unit.
- Motherboard, Power Supply, HDD, DVD Drive, RAM, ROM, USB and other ports.
- Difference between Random Access Memory and Storage Memory
- Types of storage devices HDD, CD, DVD, Flash Drive, Memory Cards, online/cloud storage.
- What to look for buying a computer. Internet and Web Basics
1.3. Internet and Web
- Introduction to the Internet and the Web
- What is the Internet?
- What is the Web?
- How do I access the Internet?
- Wi-Fi, Hotspots, Wireless Air card or Internet Stick, Mobile devices, etc.
- What is a URL?
- What is a hyperlink?
- Basic parts of the web browser window
- Address bar, search bar, back and forward button, scroll bars, tabs
- How to navigate to a website?
- How do I find information on the Internet?
- What is a search engine?
- How does a search engine work?
- How to refine a search to get what you need?
- Useful/Interesting websites
- Google maps to track locations
- Social Platforms and E-mail platforms (i.e., YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Instagram, Linked In etc.)
- Create and organize favorites/bookmark
- How to delete your browsing history and cookies, How to increase the security of your browser. Identify when you are on a secure website, How to view and use your history
- Find feature. Show how to find specific information on a web page using the find command, Tool bars, How to view/remove, Menu, Favorites, Command, Status.
- “Incognito/Private browsing mode”. When and how you would use this feature.
Unit 2: Windows System/Resources (Customizing Windows)
2.1. Customizing Windows for making computer system more functional and appealing to use
- Change the desktop background
- Change the screen saver
- Change the theme to make multiple changes to the desktop appearance
- Customize the taskbar (Lock/Unlock and all)
- Customize the Start menu
- Windows Sidebar
- Set the date and time (Time region and its importance)
- Show how to have multiple users on Windows (File Management)
2.2. Understanding file management seems to be an area
- What is a file & folder?
- Naming conventions
- File Extensions
- File Pathway
- Windows Explorer
- Viewing files
- File property dialogue box
- Explain file size (Bytes, Kilo Byte, Mega Byte, Giga Byte …) and abbreviations used.
- Create a Folder
- Move a file (multiple files) into a folder
- Delete files and folders
- Recovering deleted files
- Renaming files
- Searching for files
- Creating and deleting shortcuts on desktop
- How programs may save files in specific location by default. How to find where file is being saved.
- How windows creates a directory for each user.
2.3. Downloading and Installing programs
- How to download files and programs from the Internet
- Installing programs on your computer
Unit 3: Internet & Email system
3.1. Internet fundamentals, Features, and Uses
3.2. Email Basics
- What is email?
- What you can do with email.
- How email works over the internet
- How mail server works.
- Parts of an email address
- How to get an email address
- Differences between webmail and POP accounts
- Sign up for free webmail account with Gmail
- Different email platforms (Google Mail, Hotmail / Outlook, Yahoo Mail etc.)
3.2. How to compose and send email
- Header (To, From, CC, BCC, Subject), Body, How to attach files, Set Priority of the message, How to save a draft email message, Creating address book/contact list, Setting e-mail expiry date
- Introduce basic formatting that can be done, Font, Line and paragraph formatting, lists, Spell check, Email Etiquette, Using emoticons, Creating a signature
3.4. Receiving and Responding to Email
- How to view received messages, How to identify if messages have been read or not
- Reply, Reply All, Forward, How to open attachments, Setting vacation or away messages, How to block messages, How to filter/redirect messages, Reporting Spam
3.5. Organizing Email
- How to delete messages from outlook.com, gmail.com. How to recover deleted messages.
- Creating Folders/mailboxes, How to move messages between folders, How to search for a message, How to sort messages, Date, size, sender.
- How to set label for special email id
3.6. Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Computers like any equipment need some maintenance to ensure they continue to run like they should. This unit is to introduce some basic maintenance and some troubleshooting techniques to use if there is a problem.
- Caring for the hardware (Cleaning the case, Cleaning the monitor)
- Cleaning the keyboard / Mouse
- Deleting unnecessary files and programs (Disk Clean up, Deleting programs – Delete all toolbars)
- Delete temporary files
- Defrag your hard drive
- Computer Maintenance programs i.e. CC Cleaner, My Defrag, Spin rite, etc.
- Basic Troubleshooting techniques ( Restart your computer and components, Check cables on the back of computer, Uninstall newly installed software, Use the Windows troubleshooting software, (access from the Control Panel), Start Windows in Safe Mode, Search the Internet for a solution)
Unit 4: Various Google Tools
- Google Mail
- Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Keep
- Google Spreadsheet
- Google Calendar
- Google Forms
- Google Mail Group
- Google Search
- Associating google mail with other accounts
- What is google tools?
- Login e-mail, Logout e-mail, Login multiple e-mail, Switch e-mail.
- Opening google drive, docs, keep, and forms
- Uploading, moving, deleting files in google drive
- Creating/deleting/managing docs file, keep file, spreadsheet file, form
- How to use google search
- What is google calendar
- Various use of google mail
Unit 5: Microsoft Office Word
Microsoft Word is Microsoft's word processing software. It was first released in 1983 under the name Multi-Tool Word. It is a component of the Microsoft Office Package; however, it is also sold as a standalone product and included in Microsoft Works Suite. Beginning with the 2003 version, the branding was revised to emphasize Word's identity as a component within the Office suite; Microsoft began calling it Microsoft Office Word instead of merely Microsoft Word. The latest release is Word 2016.
- Office Button
- Creating New Document
- Mini Toolbar (Use the Mini Toolbar, Turn Off the Mini Toolbar)
- Page Size, Orientation, Columns, and Margin area
- Applying heading styles
- Applying normal text styles
- Text formatting and alignment
- Adding a bulleted list
- Inserting a Picture and applying Picture Style
- Adding a Caption to the picture
- Create Table
- Use of Text Box
- Create various type of Chart
- Create shapes
- Create Word Art
- Apply Drop Cap
- Create Table of Content
- Add Footnote
- Mailing Features
- Thesaurus, Grammar, Word Count, Comment, and Translate
- View layout (Read Mode, Print Layout, Web Layout)
- Window Split, Arrange, Switch
- Macros (Recording activities for future use)
Unit 6: Microsoft Office Word
The Microsoft Office Excel is an electronic document that stores various types of data. There are vertical columns and horizontal rows. A cell is where the column and row intersect. A cell can contain data and can be used in calculations of data within the spreadsheet. An Excel spreadsheet can contain workbooks and worksheets. The workbook is the holder for related worksheets.
- Page Layouts
- To create a new Workbook:
- Auto Fill (Dragging)
- Format Cells Dialog Box
- To apply colors manually:
- To apply borders and colors using styles:
- Change Column Width and Row Height
- Hide or Unhide Rows or Columns
- Merge Cells
- Align Cell Contents
- Format Worksheet Tab
- To change the color of a worksheet tab
- Reposition Worksheets in a Workbook
- Insert and Delete Worksheets
- To delete a worksheet
- Copy and Paste Worksheets:
- Insert Cells, Rows, and Columns
- Excel Formulas (References, Operators, Constants, Functions, autosum etc)
- Types of operators
- Linking Worksheets
- Recording a Macro
- Running a Macro
- Sorting Data
- Custom Sorts
- Convert Text to Columns
- Set Print Titles
- Set Page Break
- Print a Range
- Split a Worksheet
- Freeze Rows and Columns
- Entering and Editing Data
- Creating Formulas
Unit 7: Microsoft Power Point
- Introduction to PowerPoint
- Creating Slides
- Applying Designs & Animations
- Slide Master
- Printing Presentations
- New Slide
- Create a slide as a duplicate
- Create a new slide from another presentation:
- Text Direction
- Adding a Photo Album
- Adding Video
- To edit the video options
- Adding Audio
- To edit the audio options
- To apply new colors to a theme
- Format Background
- Run the show
- Automatic Slide Show:
- Transition Effect:
- Animating Text
- Print a Presentation
- To access the print options:
- To print preview:
- Package a Presentation
Unit 8: Fundamentals of Microsoft Office Access
MS-Access is a program where we can create Table Sheet as well as Accounting Form. This program makes you easy for understanding table, form, and concept of database. In Access terms a database is collection of all the tables, queries, forms, reports, macros & modules that compose a complete system.
- Run MS-Access
- Main features of Access Database (Tables, Forms, Queries, Reports, Macro, Modules or Code Builders, Pages, Data Type, Auto, Numbers, Primary Key Fields)
- Creating Table
- Data Sheet View
- Entering Data in Table
- Provide primary key
- Field Size & Formatting
- Default Value
- Validation Rule
- Validation Text
- Table Wizard
- From Wizard
- Calculating the Data
- Different buttons in form designing
- Revision & Practice
Unit 9: DOS Command
DOS is an abbreviation for Disk Operating System which may refer to any operating system but in practice we use MS-DOS. MS-DOS was originally developed by Tim Paterson in 1980. DOS is a 16 bit operating system which supports neither multi user nor multitasking. It has built in limitation of 1MB of memory system called EMSC (Expanded Memory Specification)
- Introduction to MS-DOS
- Internal Commands
- External Commands
- Features of MS-DOS
- Disk Operating System (DOS)
Unit 10: Adobe Photoshop (Conceptual Graphics Designing)
Adobe Photoshop is a graphics designing program. The program is widely used for prepress photograph preparation, for special effects, to reinterpret photographs as paintings, and for creating graphic elements for use in presentations, video, film, and print projects. Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 is the latest in a parade of versions of the world’s leading professional image-editing program.
- Run Photoshop
- Menu and Panels
- Layer and Color Palate
- Canvas and Image area
- Printing format (Resolution and Quality Editing)
- Separating Image and it's background
- Creating shapes
- Edit Photo
- Create PP size Photo
- Hue and Saturation and more effects
- Design Brochure
- Design Certificate
- Design Flex
- Create various Effects (Night Sky, Bricks, Frozen Text, and Burning Text etc.)
Unit 11 : Tally (Conceptual Accounting Software) What is accounting?
Account has been defined as the art of recording, classifying, and summarizing as a significant manner and it terms of money, transactions and events which are of financial character.
- Advantages of Accounting / Tally
- Methods of Accounting
- Classification of Accounting
- Books of Accounting
- Gateway of Tally
- Main Area
- Button Bar
- Company Information Menu
- Create Company
- Select Company
- Shut Company
- Alter Company
- Delete Company
- Change Tally Vault
- Backup tally data
- Restore tally data
- Numeric Symbols
- Discussion about Payment/Receipt/Journal Vouchers, Credit Note/Debit Note
Unit 12 : Other Social Media Accounts and Uses
Unit 13: Cyber Security Concept & Awareness
Unit 14 : Course Summary & Test